BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

State Beauty Supply Open House

We got so lucky!  Originally we were scheduled to attend school on Monday the 25th, but since the schedule had to be rearranged we were able to be out of school for the State Beauty Supply Open House.  This was the first one I have attended and it was totally cool.  Educators from TIGI, Matrix and CHI/Farouk were on hand to do platform demonstrations as well as a few other vendors talking about their products.

The guy from TIGI was totally hot and did two beautiful hair cuts from their 2010 Anthem collection.  The 2nd one seemed like a modified scene girl cut and was very wearable while being a little edgy and different.  It was as completely disconnected as most scene girl cuts are, but you could see the street influence.

The chick from Matrix was an Arkansas native and had a beautiful voice and gorgeous blonde hair.  I had serious hair envy!  Since there were some high school students in the audience, she really tried to teach to them and ask questions of them and really explain as she went along.  It spoke well of her abilities as to how she adapted her workshop to her audience.  You could tell she had a passion for teaching and hair.

The CHI folks totally wowed me!  Jill and Maggie were enthusiastic and knowledgeable.  The did a color demo using alternating triangle placement of level 5 and level 6 copper shades.  The model came out with beautiful, dimensional color and rich shine.  The combination was great with her skin tone and the color was super believeable.  They also demonstrated their Orbit Irons on a model with long hair.  I really would like their double dramatic iron.  They also offered to shampoo anyone interested with their new Royal Treatment line.  I took them up on it since I had been an impromptu model for a mini contest with Matrix and had a ton of product in my hair.

Jill, who is a regional manager with CHI, shampooed my hair and offered to give me a cut as well.  I jumped at the chance!  She did a riff on my current cut, but gave me much more texture and made it asymmetrical - it was just the boost it needed.  They didn't have time to color my hair since this was a spur of the moment thing at the end of the day, but gave me a great color formula which I used on my hair today at school with fabulous results.  The CHI folks were super approachable and enthusiastic which was especially meaningful to a newbie like me.

I was also able to reconnect with a stylist friend I lost touch with over the last few years.  She was at the show and it was great to sit with an experienced stylist and get their take on what was happening on stage.

The attendees got lots of free samples to try and State was giving a 15% discount on all their regularily priced items.  I wished I had more money yesterday because I would have loaded up on goodies.

0 comments: