BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Update

I got a 100 on test and have 5 bonus points on top of it.  I really should be working on my report on Galvanic Current and it's uses in cosmetology, but alas I am procrastinating.

My first and only client today was my mom.  She came up today to get the works:  pedicure, facial, wax, shampoo and style.  She wanted a cut, but her hair is too freaking short right now so I vetoed that idea.  I did clean up her next line a bit with clippers to appease her.  I did her pedi, my sister-in-law, the fabulous Ms. K, did her facial, our friend and classmate J did her makeup which she loved.  At the end she came back to me and I shampooed and styled her hair.  She had a great day of pampering and loved every minute of it - she fell asleep during FMK's facial.

A, one of the students graduating in December gave me a great new hair cut today.  She said she wanted to get rid of my old lady hair - I didn't take offense and was glad for her honesty.  Tomorrow she is going to color my regrowth and possibly do some lowlights if time allows.  Everyone at school hates my bright red hair :-(  As I mentioned in my previous post, I used Redken's Color Extend Red/Violet color-charged conditioner injection  last time I shampooed my hair.  A and Miss W, our instructor, wanted me to shampoo my hair tonight and get the temporary color out of my hair so we could see what we are really working with.  I found some Suave Naturals Daily Clarifying Shampoo in my bathroom and it has Ammonium Lauryl Sulfate and Ammonium Laureth Sulfate two lovely alkaline ingredients guaranteed to open up the cuticle and suck the color right out of my hair!  Of course my hair felt like a brillo pad after, so I used Redken Silk Infusion and Redken Shot pHix to moisturize my hair and lock the cuticle layer back down.  A whole new meaning of better living through chemistry!  I would post photos of my new hair do, but that would mean styling my hair and applying make up which would be even more procrastination and the report is due at 8:00 a.m. tomorrow so that just isn't in the cards.  Hope to post pics tomorrow with new cut and color. 

In the meantime, here are photos of the products I used and a picture of my old hair do and mom post pampering.

Quote for the day from the school sign in sheet:  "Joy is the best makeup"






0 comments: