BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, September 23, 2010

204 hours and 8 minutes

As of clocking out this afternoon I have 204 hours and 8 minutes of my 1500 hour journey completed!!!!  We had our test on Chapter 3 Anatomy and Physiology today (we are using Pivot Point International's curriculum) and I aced it with a 100.  The drawing of the cell we did last week was counted as a bonus of 5 pts. so I ended up with a 105 on one of the hardest test we will take. Very happy!

We practiced facials today and then played around with my Luminess Airbrush System.  I bought the Luminess back in August from HSN and played with once after watching PART of the instruction video.  I was kind of disappointed in it, but now I know I didn't follow instructions well.  After watching the video at school yesterday and learning the proper technique, I think the machine is pretty cool.  I would like to run some of the M.A.C. silicone based airbrush make up through it to see how it compares.  Luminess' make up is water based and feels a little odd on the face.  My sister-in-law and I tried the Temptu at Sephora and LOVED it, but were concerned because of the way it was set up we would be limited and could only use Temptu's proprietary make up.  That would be fine if it was for personal use, but if we are going to invest that kind of money in a tool it needs to be able to make us some money at some point.  The Luminess is an "open" system so you can use any product that can be "dropped" into the cup on top of the airbrush gun.  In theory you could paint T-Shirts with it and if the whole beauty school thing doesn't work out momma may have to do that ;-)

One of my "freshman" classmates, JS,  is very interested in make up artistry so she painted two of our classmates faces as Gene Simmons and Star Child of K.I.S.S.  She also did beautiful flower at the corner of another classmate's eye.

We are out of school tomorrow, so I am back working for my old employer's for the day.

xoxoxo,

Confident One

0 comments: