BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, September 26, 2010

K-Pak ReconstRx Vapor Iron Review

As a person of the naturally curly persuasion I have not used a straightening iron very often.  I am more of a blow dryer and big round brush kind of girl when I want to tame my girls and I will use a big barrel curling iron to cut down on frizz when necessary.  Also, being of the round faced variety, I prefer more volume than one can generally achieve with a straight iron.  That being said, I never expected to by a straight iron for my personal use - I figured I would buy a CHI Flat Iron at some point to use on clients.  After seeing the K-Pak ReconstRx Vapor Iron and talking to a stylist who uses it as her primary iron, I decided to buy it as soon as I had the money.  For those of you who don't know, the K-Pak purports to "resconstruct and protect your hair as you style".  The iron has resevoir, kind of life a clothing iron, to hold it K-Pak Vapor Fuel.  This fuel is infused with all kinds of good stuff that penetrates your hair as you use the iron.  Flat irons and other hot tools have the reputation for damaging hair.  Since February of this year I have, highlighted my hair 6 times (bad grey regrowth) and colored it twice so I have a little damage (understatement alert).  My is texturized and about 3 1/2 to 4 inches long in most places and stacked in the back so wearing it natural just is not a good option or good advertisement for a stylist to be.  I was hoping the K-Pak Vapor Iron would help counteract some of the abuse.

Since I am not too facile with using a straigth iron on myself, it took a bit longer than if I were having it done which also meant that I used more Vapor Fuel.  The literature says that someone with coarse hair should bet 2 styling sessions out of a resevior full.  I barely got one on my short hair.  I may dial the heat back next time to save the Vapor Fuel.  I had my mom do the back of my hair because I couldn't see what I was doing and didn't want to burn myself.  All of this was after I had performed the Redken Time Reset service and colored my hair with Wella's Color Touch Relights Demi Permanent color, both of which left my hair looking spectacular!  I couldn't mimic the curl I get with my curling iron normally, but I did get some sort of curl and it left my hair more voluminous than a normal straight iron would have.  It seems the Vapor Fuel is responsible for that.  According to JOICO, you can use the iron with or without the Vapor Fuel, but you cannot use anything else in it's place!  This morning when I styled my hair before church, I just brushed out last nights "do" and went back over it without the Vapor Fuel.  My hair was a bit flatter but still styled well.  I think I will need to make a trip back to CosmoProf this afternoon to get more Vapor Fuel because I don't think the bottle that came with it will last me all week.

I am going to try it out on my daughters' hair this afternoon.  One child has thick, curly hair and the other straight and baby fine.  I am hoping the Vapor Fuel will plump of the youngest's thin tresses.

Please remember, that what I write only represents my personal experience with a product or tool and in no way is a guarantee that you will have the same results, good or bad.  Sometimes the hair fairies smile on us and sometimes they laugh!

0 comments: