BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, September 23, 2010

Skills

Learning to make thermal curls with a marcel iron has been a challenge to someone with naturally curly hair.  I just haven't used a curling iron much in my life even on my  own hair and when I have it has been more to reduce frizz and reform to a larger curl pattern.  They get better each week as we practice our state board drills.  I am excited though because yesterday we did our second 90 degree cut on our babies.  I performed my cut on Martha rather than shortening Estelle's previous 90 degree cut.  Martha's hair was in a 45 degree cut and the nape was about 5 inches long.  I used that for my guide so Miss Martha now has 5" hair all around which will make thermal curling and perm rolling so much easier on our state board drill.  It will also help me control the color and relaxer portion so she doesn't have product soaked hair all over her face.

0 comments: